Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh Georgie!

This past weekend was the annual St. George trip for our softball trip. I always freak out thinking of all the ways that the trip could go wrong. Being responsible for not only my little family (the treats, the movies needed, the amount of apple juice/coke, don't judge, my fetus love caffeine), but I am also responsible for 16 other gals that are sometimes rather needy (again, treats, drinks-rockstar in this case despite their coaches warnings) I don't know how those crazy Duggers do it, crazy I tell you.
Despite the worries, it was a good weekend. Addi has discovered the love of Barbi movies so she was captivated by stories of mermaids and fairies and me and Ron were pumped that she loves her new headphones so we didn't have to hear the phrase "Let's do a makeover!" one more time. She is also kinda nuts when it comes to trinkets so each place we stopped she would pick up a rock....
(see rock in poised right hand, also see hand that had to be held during ride, my shoulders hurt so bad by the end. Also notice binkie...swear people, this week, but each time I bring it up that the binkie fairy is coming she freaks out and acts like Satan himself is coming to steal her soul. I'm scared. Calling for reinforcements her people!)
We spent the weekend swimming and traveling to and from ball parks. The gals did good and won all three games (would have played more but the skies opened up and dropped gallons on us.)
My poor sweet husbie got to spend his 36th pretending to like softball and dealing with stress case mommy. This was our hotel celebration:
Ron is terrible to buy presents for! Seriously sucks! He tells me that I should be thankful that he is an unwanting fellow. Why is it that I want everything: New clothes, shoes, jewelry, liposuction, an absence of pregnancy induced hip dysplaysia, an automatic hair washer; you get the idea, I want stuff. So for HIS birthday, he bought ME this baby. Oh how I love it. We watch movies, have cool kid apps that help Addi spell and match stuff, and my favorites: Bejeweled
and Doodle Jump . I love this thing, I try to hide it under the covers at night so I can sneak in a couple games and increase my high scores. He is such a little sweetie for buying me his birthday present!
Addi is very into picture taking and wants to make silly faces constantly, too bad she is not very good at them and will not look at the camera.

12 comments:

Crystal said...

What a fun weekend....and even better...what a wonderful husband. Congrats on winning the games. Too bad you couldn't play a few more :-)

The Weaver's said...

Oh how I miss the good ole' St George trip! Good times! I guess I need to start checking out blogs again because you are PREGNANT and I didn't even know! Congratulations! So exciting! I not only promise to keep up on mine more often but I will also keep up on your blog too so you don't sneak in another kid on me without my knowledge!

McKelle said...

Let's be friends again okay. I know you're busy...or whatever, but come on! Ron is a good husband. Wish I could buy presents for myself on Morgans birthday. That sounds way more fun than trying to find him a present.

Kate said...

Maybe there could be a Barbie Binky Fairy???? Just do it!! It turned out WAY doable for us....when "our" Binky Fairy came!! Keep us posted!!!

Janika said...

You are a wonder mom! This post makes me so thankful that Ty doesn't coach anymore! (big kids that is) I hope you guys have an amazing season! Maybe I will let Ty drag me to a game....He would love it! :)

Jennica said...

Ah, what a cute fam! & so supportive....you found a good one Mandy!

My only advice on the binky thing...the longer you wait the harder it will be. Rob made me take Carter's away at 1 and I thought that was a bit harsh. Looking back, so glad I did, cuz the little feller sure likes his things the way they are without any change! --Same blankets to bed, little & big doggie included, same route home from the store, little snuggle time in bed in the morning, followed by a gogurt ....kids sure are particular!

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat cpa[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or little-understood avenues to build an income online.

Kelli said...

Mandy, I just love reading your blog. You make me laugh, so does Miss Addi. As for the binkie, i'm trying to figure out the problem. I still have mine after 25 years and yet to see anything wrong with that. I am single still though... You don't think that has anything to do with it, do you??? Anyways, need to chat soon, so we can plan April B-day party with you Soul Scrappin Sista's!!!

Melissa said...

You totally make me laugh! St. G sounds great (except for the rain!). Those girls are so lucky to have you as their coach! Addi looks so content with her barbi movie and binkie...don't make her cry by taking that away! boo hoo! Cute family! How are you feeling? What is your due date?

Cheyenne said...

What a fabulous weekend and a sweet hubbie! We are totally in love with the barbie movies too, anything to sooth and calm and I'm in!

Cheyenne said...

What a fabulous weekend and a sweet hubbie! We are totally in love with the barbie movies too, anything to sooth and calm and I'm in!

Kate said...

Mandy --- here is the post for you!! I just saw it this morning and thought of you and Addi! Good luck!! http://theidearoom.blogspot.com/2010/03/i-have-lovehate-relationship.html